The most romantic and atmospheric hotel in Phnom Penh, Raffles Hotel Le Royal dates back to 1929 and has had a whole array of notable guests from writers and journalists to royalty stay over the years. After careful restoration, this historic hotel fulfils all the requirements of a modern world-class hotel in facilities and amenities without losing any of its old-world colonial charm.
The 170 rooms are all tastefully decorated in Khmer and French colonial styles and range from State and Landmark Rooms through to various exquisite suites. Stay in the Jacqueline Kennedy Suite or the Charles De Gaulle Suite to follow in the footsteps of some of the famous celebrities and dignitaries who have stayed at the hotel over the many years.
The State Rooms are spacious and located in the extension wing from 1997 yet still have the same colonial charm but with modern comforts including separate shower and bath and a private balcony. If you like larger room the Colonial Suites are perfect with larger living area and a large writing desk, perfect for the business traveler. If you are coming for an extended stay, their Executive Suites offer a separate living room and with a kitchen. Monthly rates are available.
In the original heritage building from 1929, the Landmark Rooms with high ceilings, historic bathrooms complete with original claw-foot baths, give guests a feeling of yesteryear. For more space enjoy the Personality Suites which take their names from some of the personalities who have stayed at the hotel. Landmark Suites have one king or twin bedroom and a spacious living room decorated with original antiques and artwork. They can also connect with a Landmark Twin Room for large families. Our Le Royal Suite is the most luxurious in the city and is the choice of visiting statesmen and women.
Raffles Hotel Le Royal is a 20-minute drive from Phnom Penh-Pochentong International Airport (PNH) and within easy walking distance of many city attractions.
FOOD & DRINK
- Restaurant Le Royal - Phnom Penh’s most elegant dining room offers a business lunch and serves Royal Khmer and modern French cuisine each evening. Saturday brunch is not to be missed with free flow French champagne and cocktails.
- Café Monivong - A relaxed colonial feel with the option of outdoor terrace dining. Extensive breakfast and dinner buffets or a la carte menu.
- Elephant Bar – An institution in the city and where the famous Raffles afternoon tea is served. In the evenings, enjoy signature cocktails and a wide selection of premium spirits. The balcony and garden is ideal for cocktails under the stars.
- The Writers Bar - Enjoy traditional Raffles afternoon tea or light refreshments while enjoying the historic photos of the hotel and city.
- Poolside Terrace – Light snacks and specialty iced tea menu.